Manners are an important thing to learn. Having good manners means acting in a manner that is socially acceptable and respectful.
These are 15 rules that everyone should know and use:
- A salutation is a greeting, whether it’s “Dear sir” in a letter or “Hey there!” in person.
- If you are in the public places you should not keep your devices on the table, as this indicates that it is more important that the meeting itself, and people believe you are bored.
- At the sushi restaurant the food must be eaten with chopsticks, except for the men.
- Its impolite to ask a woman out if you intend to spent the entire night on the phone.
- Whenever you get their help, you should thank people.
- In the public places men can take the coat of the woman, but they should never carry her bag.
- Don’t talk on the phone to much. If you need to spend some time with your friends, go out and meet them in person.
- You should never stare at other people anddo not laugh or talk that everyone can hear you.
- Car drivers should be aware of the bad effects of splashing pedestrians with water.
- When you go to the cinema, a concert hall or theater, take your seat without turning the back to the one sitting.
- If you make a mistake and offend someone, you should not do it again when the apology is accepted.
- If you are a polite men show great respect to everyone.
- When conversation is staring you should not talk about age, religion, medical issues, gifts, family quarrels, wealth, affairs, honor, and disgrace.
- Fashion is really important but try not to show off to much because you will look ridiculous.
- When you enter a place full with people pay respect to everyone, regardless of your status, age, or profession.
Sources and References: