Parsley shows powerful diuretic properties which are beneficial for the renal function. In fact, it eliminates the toxic substances from the kidneys, and at the same time offering valuable minerals and vitamins.
This herb is widely used all around the world and it is the most frequently used condiment in dishes.
Yet, not many people are aware of the therapeutic effects this herb has. It is highly beneficial for the overall health, especially for the kidneys. This plant can efficiently cleanse your body from the presence of the harmful toxins thus optimizing your kidney function.
Therefore, we strongly recommend consumption of parsley water on daily basis as it offers so many benefits. Follow reading and find most of them.
Health benefits of Parsley
- A remarkable source of vitamin C
The health benefits of this herb were discovered by the ancient Greeks. Namely, the two most renowned physicians of all time Hippocrates and Galen mention this plant in their treaties. They explain how to prepare parsley oil for the treatment of kidney and heart issues, and additionally reveal that thanks to its potent anti-inflammatory properties it can efficiently cure cranial fractures as well.
Parsley is widely used by the Mediterranean and Asian countries as a medicinal remedy.
- High in nutrients
This simple herb has in its content plenty of valuable nutrients. Here below see what it offers:
- As mentioned before it is rich in vitamins. In 100 grams of parsley there is 133 mg.
- Parsley is a great source of calcium. In 100 grams of parsley there is 138 mg calcium. So, if you lack this mineral, make sure to consume this amazing plant.
- It is packed with iron as well thus making it a great replacement or complement of red meats.
- Parsley is high in beta carotene.- It is loaded with fiber.
– Parsley contains another valuable mineral, boron, which is great in the fight against the osteoporosis and the effects of menopause period.
Beneficial Plant for the Kidneys
- Parsley is great for the kidneys as it has in its content chlorophyll which along with the antiseptic properties provides the body with a substantial amount of antioxidants optimizing the renal function.
- Plus it shows powerful detoxifying and purifying action due to its diuretic properties. It removes the substances that build up in the kidneys which can make you sick.
- The parsley water can treat inflammation in any area of the urinary tract as it has the ability to battle against infections and kill any present bacteria.
- This drink is highly helpful for your bones and blood.
PREPARATION OF PARSLEY WATER
It can be prepared in two different ways depending for what health purpose you want to consume it.
Recipe for Kidney Cleansing
This recipe shows purifying and detoxifying properties, and because of that you should use it for 3 or 4 days in a row once a month.
5 tablespoons of fresh parsley
4 cups of water
Method of Preparation:
Start with washing the parsley and then place the pot with 4 cups of water on heat. When it reaches its boiling point, include 5 tablespoons of fresh parsley. Leave it to simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes, after that remove it from heat and let it steep for 20 minutes. Before use filter the content of this beverage.
Consume a glass of this beverage first thing in the morning and then another one 15 minutes prior your every meal. This consumption will help you with better nutrient absorption and digestion.
Recipe for Better Renal Function and Purification
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 1 glass of water
- Half a lemon (the squeezed juice)
Method of Preparation:
Just take the glass of water and infuse the spoonful of parsley. Leave it to stand, and after that filter and add the juice of half a lemon. If you wish you can sweeten it with honey.
This remedy is very beneficial provided that it is taken every morning. Thanks to its use, your body will obtain plenty of antioxidants and vitamin C which will boost the immunity, purify the body and take good care of the kidney and heart function.
SIDE EFFECTS OF PARSLEY
You need to be aware of the fact that this beverage is not good if you suffer from kidney stones. It is a fact that it purifies and nourishes the kidneys, but in the case of kidney stones, it should not be used. Children should not consume parsley water. It is not recommended for pregnant women.
Likewise, it should be avoided in the case of peptic ulcers or gastritis.