The thyroid gland secretes thyroid hormones, which influence the metabolic rate, protein synthesis, and have a wide range of other effects, including on development.
Extra levels of these hormones can cause unpleasant and potentially serious problems that may require treatment.
This is how you can heal your thyroid in a natural way:
- Increase the consumption of vitamin A, D, and K2.Many people are taking oral vitamin D, which may become problematic unless you’re also getting sufficient amounts of vitamin K2.
- Seaweed and other sea vegetables have also a good amount of vitamins B-12 and A and it’s a great source of fiber. But not just any old fiber. Seaweed is mostly soluble fiber, the kind that turns into a gel, slowing down the digestive process, thus inhibiting the absorption of sugars and cholesterol.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is high in natural saturated fats. Saturated fats not only increase the healthy cholesterol (known as HDL) in your body, but also help to convert the LDL “bad” cholesterol into good cholesterols.
- Avoid Gluten – Gluten proteins have low biological and nutritional value, as opposed to the grains of pseudo cereals (gluten free), which are rich in proteins with high biological value.
- Consume bone broths that contain minerals in forms that your body can easily absorb: calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, silicon, Sulphur and others. They contain chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine, the compounds sold as pricey supplements to reduce inflammation, arthritis and joint pain. Around the world, chefs and home cooks have been using the feet, knuckles, tendons and bones of all sizes from poultry, beef, pig and fish to make rich, nourishing broths practically forever.
- Exercise as much as possible or you should try some relaxation techniques, like yoga, meditation or tai chi.
Note: you should not consume peanut butter and peanuts, as they contain goitrogens.