Everyone feels anxious now and then. It’s a normal emotion. Many people feel nervous when faced with a problem at work, before taking a test, or making an important decision.Anxiety is a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.When this takes place, it may be a sign of generalized anxiety disorder. Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is a long-term condition, but a number of different treatments can help.Their stress level is so high that it disrupts their relationships and daily activities.
- Constant feelings of worry and stress
- Worrying about easy, daily jobs
- Unrealistic view of problems
- Trouble focusing and not be able to relax
- Restlessness and being “on edge” or easily startled
- Irritability and mood swings
- Trouble falling asleep or staying asleep
- Regular headaches and depression
- Muscle tension, aches and body pains
- Shivering or twitching
- Problem swallowing
- Feeling light-headed or short of breath
- Stomach pains and nausea
- Feeling the need to go to the bathroom frequently
Medications To Treat Anxiety
The antidepressants most widely prescribed for anxiety are SSRIs such as Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Lexapro, and Celexa. SSRIs have been used to treat generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Lavender Oil Is An Effective Non-Drug Option
Lavandula (common name lavender) is a genus of 39 known species of flowering plants in the mint family.The study found that supplementing with 80 mg capsules of lavender essential oil alleviates anxiety, sleep disturbance anddepression.
Other studies have verified the anti-anxiety properties of lavender as well as lots of other medicinal advantages:
- Lavender helps with restlessness, nervousness and insomnia.
- Lavender can be used for painful and inflammatory conditions including migraines and joint pain.
- Lavender can help people who suffer from agitation related to dementia.
How To Use Lavender Oil
Lavender oil can be taken by mouth in adults; however it is hard to find capsules at a health food store. Lavela WS 1265 is exclusive lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oil‚ known as Silexan. Indicated for occasional anxiety‚ Lavela WS 1265 has been shown to promote relaxation and calm nervousness‚ as demonstrated in controlled trials published in peer-reviewed medical journals. Lavender Essential Oil has been credited with a long list of properties and is the very life essence of the Lavender plant.
- Put 6 drops of lavender oil extract to your bath water.
- You can prepare lavender tea using 1 to 2 tbsp. of whole, dried flowers for each cup of boiling water. Steep for 10 to 15 minutes, and use a tea infuser or strain before drinking.
Lavender has been highly regarded for the skin. It may be used to cleanse cuts, bruises and skin irritations.Lavender has a long history of use in natural remedies and as a natural scent and perfume.
Its calming scent makes it soothing to the respiratory system and it is often suggested to be diffused to calm coughs and colds. Its natural antibacterial properties may also make it useful in protecting against airborne viruses and bacteria when diffused.